European Youth Championship 2018
01.08.2018 - 09.08.2018
20th European Youth Championship
- Under the auspices of the European Draughts Confederation (EDC), Lithuanian Draughts Federation (LDF) will organize the 20th European Youth Championship.
- The tournament will take place in Vilnius, at the address: Vilnius University, Faculty of Law, Sauletekio al. 9A, Vilnius 10221, from 1st to 9th of August 2018. Arrival place is Vilnius University, Faculty of Law, Saulėtekio al. 9A. Arrival day is 31st of July, opening – on 1st of August at 11.00 a.m., closing – on 9th of August afternoon.
- There will be 10 separate tournaments:
3.1. Youth-Boys – boys born 1st of January 1992 or later;
3.2. Youth-Girls – girls born 1st of January 1992 or later;
3.3. Juniors-Boys – boys born 1st of January 1999 or later;
3.4. Juniors-Girls – girls born 1st of January 1999 or later;
3.5. Cadets-Boys – boys born 1st of January 2002 or later;
3.6. Cadets-Girls – girls born 1st of January 2002 or later;
3.7. Mini cadets-Boys – boys born 1st of January 2005 or later;
3.8. Mini cadets-Girls – players born 1st of January 2005 or later;
3.9. European Hopes-Boys – boys born 1st of January 2008 or later;
3.10. European Hopes-Girls – girls born 1st of January 2008 or later.
In case if for some separate tournament will nominate less than 8 players and/or players from less than 5 federations, EDC has the right to cancel this separate tournament and inform in this case all national federations before June 20th.
- Only the members of the national federations affiliated to the FMJD can participate. The players must have the citizenship of the Federation they represent or be members of this federation according to FMJD rules. EDC has the right to invite some players from new countries (never been members of FMJD).
- There are 3 places for every national federation in each tournament. Additional places may be given:
5.1. One additional place in each tournament may be given for each national federation, provided that it pays for the hospitality costs for 1st players from this national federation in the same tournament contrary to the requirements of paragraph 16.4.;
5.2. One additional place in each tournament may be given for the organizing federation (LDF);
5.3. One additional place in each tournament may be given for the sponsors (independently of national federation membership of participant);
5.4. One additional place may be given for organizing federation (or for other federation at the suggestion of organizing federation) in case of odd number of participants in some tournaments.
- Applications (only from national federations) should be sent by e-mail to EDC (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com ) before June 1st and contain the list of players in order of tournaments with full name, surname, date of birth, also the name of the official representative of national federation on the Championship. The 1st players in each tournament have to be marked in this list. Organizing federation (LDF) also send application to EDC, marked separately basic and additional players. In case of any problems the national federation should contact EDC directly.
- Before the beginning of the Championship (at the July 31 evening) a preliminary meeting will be held by the Main Referee who will expound the present regulations to players, directors and journalists.
- Depending on the Main Referee decision Swiss or round robin tournaments will be played. In case of unequal number of participants in some tournaments other tournaments’ systems can be used according the Main Referee decision in consultation with EDC official representative. Main Referee has the right to determine, that players from the same national federation have not to play between each other in a few last rounds depending on tournaments system and number of participants.
- Time control 80’ + 1’ per move (Fisher system).
- Final places determine according FMJD rules applying to corresponding tournaments system. Barrages should not be played. Only in case of all criteria of challengers for champion’s title will be an equal, barrage should be played (2 games with the time control 5’ + 3” per move (Fisher system) and if champion will not specified, then – games with time control 3’ + 2” per move till the first winning). Details will be announced by the Main Referee after the consultations with EDC official representative.
- On 8th of August the European Youth Rapid Championship will be played. There is no limit to number of player from one federation. European Youth Rapid Championship will be played with the time control 15’ + 5” per move (Fisher system). Details will be announced by the Main Referee after the consultations with EDC official representative.
- On 9th of August the European Youth Blitz Championship will be played. There is no limit to number of player from one federation. European Youth Blitz Championship will be played with the time control 5’ + 3” per move (Fisher system). Details will be announced by the Main Referee after the consultations with EDC official representative.
- National teams’ classifications in the context of the Championship, Rapid and Blitz Championships will be determined.
13.1. National teams (teams of the national federations) results determine on the basis of individual results of players, who represent this national federation. Not more then 3 players’ results (according applications given by national federations official representatives before the beginning of the Championship) can be count.
13.2. 1st place give to the national team 70 points, 2nd place – 50 points, 3rd place – 40 points, 4th place – 30 points, 5th place – 20 points, 6th place – 10 points, 7th place – 9 points, 8th place – 8 points, 9th place – 7 points, 10th place – 6 points, 11th place – 5 points, 12th place – 4 points, 13th place – 3 points, 14th place – 2 points, 15th and so on until the last place –1 point.
13.3. If the number of points will be an equal, number of 1st places, than 2nd, 3rd and so on places decide.
- In any other cases – FMJD rules decide.
15.1. medals for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Rapid and Blitz Championships)
15.2. cups for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Rapid and Blitz Championships)
15.3. diploma for the 3 first places in each tournament (including Rapid and Blitz Championships)
15.4. cups for medallists in the National teams’ classifications (including Rapid and Blitz Championships)
- Financial conditions
16.1. Inscription fee 40 euro for the 1st player from federation in group and 10 euro for other players;
16.2. 10 euro for each player in Rapid and Blitz Championships.
16.3. Inscription fees have to be paid before the beginning of the Championship. There are two possibilities to pay inscription fees. In case of bank transfer, money has to be transferred to the account of the EDC in the period from 1 to 20 of July, 20181. Otherwise, inscription fees have to be paid in cash not later than July 31 (for participation in Rapid Championship – not later than August, 7; for participation in Blitz Championship – not later than August, 8) and it have to be agreed in advance with EDC by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16.4. Organizers cover all hospitality costs for 1st players from each national federation in each tournament, excepted cases when the national federation uses the right for additional place in accordance with paragraph 5.4. For other players and accompanying persons pay themselves or sending organizations. Full accommodation during all Championship (including 3-time meals from 31st of July dinner till 9th of August lunch) is 270 EUR per person (30 EUR per day). Accommodations have to be paid by bank transfer in the period from 1 to 20 of July, 2018 2 or in cash before opening ceremony.
- Accommodation will be in rooms for 2 or 3 persons in Student Campus, Saulėtekio al.33-39, Vilnius. Accommodation is possible only in places, provided by organizers.
- With all hospitality, transfer and visa questions you shall contact the Lithuanian Draughts Federation:
Roma Sidlauskiene (Russian) email: email@example.com, phone no +370 661 54314, skype-ramunele56
Ingrida Drukteinyte (English) email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone no +370 698 18848, Skype: Ingrida.drukteinyte
1 In case of bank transfer, please follow the instructions for making a bank transfer:
Bank: ABN AMRO
BIC (Swift code): ABNANL2A
IBAN account no: NL21ABNA0561905177
(Notice that this is separate FMJD account for EDC. Please, do not transfer money to FMJD standard account or by FMJD payment system.)
2 In case of bank transfer, please follow the instructions for making a bank transfer:
Beneficary: Lithuanian Draughts Federation
Address: Pamenkalnio g.26,Vilnius LT-01114,Lithuania
Taxpayer identification number: 290763990
Bank: “SWEDBANK “ AB
Bank address :Konstitucijos 20 A, Vilnius
SWIFT HABALT 22
Account number: LT037300010002450804