Ongoing events

No upcoming events

Upcoming events

No upcoming events

Switzerland

Interesting facts about Switzerland

Zürichs technical college graduated 25 Nobel Prize winners, including Albert Einstein, and Wilhelm Röntgen (who discovered X-rays).

The Swiss national hero is William Tell, who shot an arrow from his crossbow at 50 paces to hit an apple placed on his son’s head.

The Swiss flag is the only square banner in a sea of rectangle-shaped flags at the United Nations.

Extending for some 3,100 miles, the Swiss rail system is one of the world’s most extensive.

In addition, the Swiss rank second in reliance upon trains (behind Japan) making more than 40 trips and clocking over 1,100 miles annually.

Switzerland has more than 1,500 lakes, and it is said that you are never more than 10 miles from a lake anywhere in the country.

Switzerland has 3 official languages: German, French and Italian.

70 percent of Switzerland is covered by mountain ranges. The other 30% is the Swiss Plateau, an area of rolling hills. Most of the population live in this area.

Federation Suisse du Jeu de Dames

President of federation J. Floras

Phone: +41-22-7319520

Floras, J.
9, Chemin de la Retuelle
1252 Meinier, Geneve 
Switzerland

Best rated players Hans Vermin, Jan Cazemier, Normunds Kalnberzins

News

  • International Competition of Draughts Composition – REGULATIONS

    13.02.2021

    International Competition of Draughts Composition“LIETUVA – 2021” organized by the Lithuanian draughts composition amateur’s union / Lietuvos šaškių kompozicijos mėgėjų sąjunga (LŠKMS)EDC CPI. ET. Lietuva-2021. Reglamentas ENG EDC CPI. ET. Lietuva-2021. Reglamentas RUS

    Read more…

  • European Qualification Tournament for WC21

    07.02.2021

    06_21 European Qualification Tournament Provisional EDC Qualification list for WC21 -Active Players 50 gamesTo all federations,Due to the ongoing issues with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has not been any possibility to organize the European Championship 2020. Since the …

    Read more…

  • EDC Executive Board Meeting on 16th January, 2021 – minutes

    07.02.2021

    Dear Friends,here below, attached, in English, Russian and French versions, the EDC  Executive Board Meeting on 16th January 2021 – minutes. A friendly draughts embrace to all of you.Carlo A. BordiniEDC EB Meeting 1_2021 Minutes v2 FR EDC EB Meeting 1_2021 …

    Read more…

  • EDC Executive Board Meeting on 28th November, 2020 – minutes

    17.01.2021

    Dear Friends,here below, attached, in English, Russian and French versions, the EDC  Executive Board Meeting on 28th November, 2020 – minutes.A friendly draughts embrace to all of you.Carlo A. BordiniEDC EB Meeting 7_2020 Minutes v2 FRA EDC EB Meeting 7_2020 …

    Read more…

  • REGULATIONS of the international draughts composition contest

    05.01.2021

    Regulation of  the international draughts composition contest in memory of Nikolai Grushevsky. (organized by the commission on draughts composition of the public organization “Belarusian Draughts Federation” ).*****ПОЛОЖЕНИЕО международном конкурсе по шашечной композиции,посвященном памяти Николая Грушевского.(организуемом    комиссией по шашечной композиции общественной …

    Read more…

Ladies and gentleman, let the games begin!